Extruding Machine Operators set up, operate, or tend machines to extrude plastic pellets. While monitoring material flow, adjusting the extruder and downstream equipment as needed. They also measure and examine extruded pellets to locate defects and to check for conformance to specifications.
- Determine setup procedures and select machine dies and parts, according to specifications.
- Start machines and set controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature, and to synchronize speed of extrusion.
- Using a forklift to move material.
- Install dies, machine screws, and sizing rings on machines that extrude thermoplastic materials.
- Change dies on extruding machines according to production line changes.
- Keeping work area clean including operating floor scrubber, as necessary.
- Accurately completing production to quality records.
- Prior experience with a plastics manufacturer preferred, but not a must.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting 50lbs boxes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour
Full Employee Benefits package after orientation period including:
401(K) Savings Plan
Anyone entering KibbeChem is required to wear a mask.